Friday, January 28, 2011

"Help...Me...."

Otherwise known as "Texts from Last Night's Concert".


"Did I mention this was a rock concert? Some guy in front of us just turned around and was like...'Are you ready to rock the @#$* out??' ..Yikes."


"I've never seen so many skinny jeans in my life."


"Help...me..."


"The guy from the opening band just smoked 7 cigarettes at once and then ATE THEM. LIT. Where am I??"


"This is the cover of the next band's album. WHAT???"




"Near-death by mosh pit. Is it over yet? Where is Anberlin??"


"The guys keep saying to me, 'I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.' "


(1 hour later)


"ANBERLIN IS AWESOME!!!!!!"


And I got to hear one of my favorite songs live. See below.






In all seriousness, we had no clue what we were getting ourselves into with this concert. We all love Anberlin and were excited to see them. However we were all feeling a bit lazy and didn't really look into who the other bands were.


Lesson learned. Main lesson? Avoid the floor right in front of the band if one of the headliners is a band described by iTunes as "Neo-progressive emo-punk". Otherwise known as lots of angsty, angry teenagers.


And we still love Anberlin and their awesomeness. Just not their opening bands. :)


Photographs by my awesome husband, since I brought my phone and my license, and nothing else.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment