Monday, October 4, 2010

Finding Inspiration

 I have always been a very avid cook and baker, but since I started working 40+ hours a week last year, it's not a stretch to say that my gourmet habits have fallen off the face of the planet.  Let's face it - coming home exhausted does not make for great creativity in the kitchen. I'm always a little bit sad when my friends ask me for new recipes and all I can think of is this great new frozen pizza we found. So, as I sat eating my dinner consisting of a bowl of cheerios, a bag of popcorn, and a glass of wine, I decided that I am going to wean myself back into cooking real food. Not just spaghetti and stir frys. We're talking juicy, scrumptious meals. (You can just hear my starving husband crying with joy.) 


Every Wednesday night I will cook a new recipe, and share it with you on Thursdays. I have even gotten so ambitious that I went through all my favorite cookbooks and started brainstorming recipes to try in the weeks to come, which was just so difficult, let me tell you. ;) This is just one page of four that I started. Oops.


You should be excited about this for the following reasons:
1. We live on a small budget, so these are all going to be recipes that will not break the bank. In fact, they should be pretty darn cheap.
2. While I will be starting to cook again, this doesn't change the fact that I still work over 4o hours a week. Which means that these recipes will not be anything majorly difficult and easy for everyone to make.
3. My body has made it quite clear to me in recent years that fatty foods should not be included in my diet, so the majority of these recipes will not include heavy cream, large quantities of cheese, or enough butter to make a slip and slide out of a rock quarry. (I think I just heard Paula Deen scream in agony.) So get excited with me about healthy food!


Let's make a toast. To getting out of the frozen pizza habit and finding balance in a busy, working woman's life. Care to join me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment