Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mini-Rant

Join with me for a moment to frown and mutter against the ignorance of some Americans. 

My friend Samantha and I were out running a few errands yesterday and stopped by Dunkin' Donuts to pick up some coffees for our husbands, who were playing Rockband babysitting her daughter Ella while we were out.

It was evening, so it was pretty quiet in the store, and only one woman in front of us. Except little did we know, this one woman would take ten minutes to complete her order because she was too busy making them re-make her order twelve times because, as she termed it so pleasantly to Sam and I, "Those ()#*$'ing Indians don't know what they're )@#(#'ing doing and they're probably not even LEGAL..."...and another long string of profanities that I won't share.

In the ten minutes that we waited behind her, she complained about:
1. How much her meal cost (HOW much tax? ...scoff, painstakingly pulls out eight extra cents)
2. Her coffee (can I have MILK in this please?? DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH?? STAND WHERE I CAN SEE YOU SO I KNOW YOU'RE NOT SPITTING IN MY DRINK)
3. Her sandwich (You burned it! YOU BURNED MY FLATBREAD. I KNOW IT'S BURNED BECAUSE I GET THESE ALL THE TIME. [Really? Because I'm pretty sure you were confused as to why it cost so much...])
4. The service (Could you take any longer? WHY IS THIS TAKING SO LONG. [Again...really? REALLY?])

Finally, this offense to society marched her self-righteous tail out of Dunkin' Donuts and Sam & I, a couple behind us that had witnessed the entire ordeal, and the two sweet Indian ladies working behind the counter, all started to laugh hysterically. 

I would like to note that these two ladies completed our order accurately, politely, and quickly. 

We all have our moments, I'm guilty too. But let's remember to guard our actions carefully my friends, and not make snap-judgments just because of someone's ethnicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment